Runes are used by many modern magical people for both divination/ fortune telling, as well as for ritual magical purposes. Runes come from the Norse (Viking) path, and were the alphabets for Norse-people. Our own English Alphabets come from derivations of Runes.. The one bit of rune magic people still do, without even realising is the `xxx’ we put as `kisses’ on cards and letters (and emails & texts now!). The `X’ is a rune (Gefu) that represents mutual support & gift!!
At this workshop:
• You’ll be provided with a set of 25 blank rune-discs (wooden, hand cut by us) – to make your own Runes! (no extra fee. This is included in course fee.. a bargain!!)
• Full introduction to Runes – we’ll go through each Rune (24 of the Elder Futhark, as they are called), and show you the symbol, how to draw them, and how to pronounce each one correctly. (Runes are
sung in’ for magic) • Introduction to Norse/ Viking Gods & Goddesses, and some of their mythology – This gives you important context and background upon which to base your own practise of Rune-craft.
• You’ll have time to carve/ colour in the Runes on the blank discs provided. • Basics of Rune Divination – how to use some basic layout for reading/ fortune telling.
• Basics of how to do Rune magic with symbols. In previous years this was taught as a small sub-section in our spellcraft workshop’ but here we go into details.
This is an experiential workshop, taught by Aaron Oxford ( Norse path/ Ritualist – recently led our Woodland Norse Lammas ceremony), and co-hosted by Mani (Wiccan High Priest & Ritual Magician).
Fee: £25 (paypal or cash on the day). .
Next session : Summer 2019 (TBC)
VENUE: Course will be held in outdoor woodland setting (Queen’s Woods, where usually hold our outdoor Wicca rituals). we’ll meet at nearby Pub (Woodman’s) and walk together.
Nearest Tube: HighGate (northern line) – then 1 min walk to the pub.
NO Recording / photography—————— .
Tutor may take some photos with permission for publicity purpose. Your faces can be blurred on any photos to be used. Let Mani (Tutor) know)
We can not predict weather ..but we can be prepared.
• Please wear plenty of warm clothing (it actually gets cold when you sit down on the ground for long). If it’s raining much, tutor will bring a tarpaulin sheet cover.. so we don’t get wet (too much)
• What to bring
• For your own comfort, please bring any food/drinks lunch (Please avoid eating during course delivery!). Bring flask of hot drinks. Bring comfortable cushion/ mat to sit on, as well as a blanket / throw to wrap up .. (or if it’s just cold). Please wear warm coats, socks scarf..
• We’ll have some wine for ceremonial parts of the course & for a bit of social after.
If you have any questions/concerns, please do contact me via private message on meetup. Thanks.
Skol/ Bright Blessings
– Mani Navasothy (Wiccan) & Aaron Oxford (Norse)